VRN has launched 2016 Dialogue with Rivers photo contest
“2016 Dialogue with Rivers” Photography Contest
Mekong Delta of Vietnam – Confront and Adapt
To: Those who are interested in river protection,
The contest is a forum with photos shared on the social network so that everyone can speak their thoughts, express their wishes, and show their awareness of river problems in 13 provinces of the Mekong Delta of Vietnam (or Đồng bằng sông Cửu Long in Vietnamese). This year’s topic is “Mekong Delta of Vietnam – Confront and Adapt”.
- All those who are interested. No nationality discrimination.
3. Time and location limits
- Photos must be taken in 13 provinces of Mekong Delta in Vietnam.
- Photos must be taken in 2016.
The photos and captions capture the author’s awareness on river protection in the Mekong Delta. Subtopics are:
- Droughts, salt intrusion
- Aquatic resources
- Landslide causing flow and landscape transformation
- River mouth
Social and cultural aspects related to rivers
- Flooding season
- Facing with changes and adaptation
- Cultural activities related to water and rivers
- Economic benefits from rivers
- Waterway etc.
4. Contest regulations
- Photo content must meet the contest’s topics
- Photos must be taken by contestants themselves
- Photos do not violate copyright law, and the authors must get the permission of the characters in the photo
- The photos are not pieced together
- Photos which won prizes in prior photo contests are not eligible
- Photos must be sent through the link in Section 9 below on Procedures
- Contestants must send sufficient information in the link in Section 9 on Procedures
- Submitted photos are at least 3.000 pixels on the horizontal edge
- Unlimited numbers of submissions
- Each submission is considered a work
- Photos of the same content, taken in different perspectives by one author and submitted multiple times will be counted as one work only.
Note: one work is one single photo or one photoset.
Single photo is one photo with caption.
Photoset is a group of 2-10 photos submitted together. A photoset can have one caption for all photos or caption for each photo.
Judges will follow these criteria:
- New findings and perspectives on the environmental aspect, river transformation due to external factors and the influence of rivers on daily life
- Good quality and photographic technique
- The numbers of likes and shares on the contest’s Facebook
- The number of comments (only complete sentence comments related to the photos will be accepted)
6. Photo usage
- VRN reserve the right to use the photos for not for profit activities
- Photo used for other activities will be credited to authors
- Photo copyright belongs to the authors. VRN take no responsibilities for any disputes of copyright and related rights
- If the awarded photo violates author’s copyright and related rights based on legal regulations, VRN will revoke the award and certificate.
7. Responsibilities of contestants
- Conform to the contest regulations. By submitting photos, contestants confirm that they agree with contest regulations
- Be responsible for copyright, related rights and income tax (when winning the prize) according to legal regulations.
8. Implementation time
· Photo must be taken in 2016.
· The contest is open to submission from 1st June 2016 to 30th September 2016.
· Award announcement:
ü Monthly award will be announced on the 15th of the following month on the Contest’s Facebook
ü The final award will be announced in November, 2016 on Contest’s Facebook
The contestants must follow the following steps:
· Submit photos through the link: https://goo.gl/ulkqty
- Send original photos to VRN if required so that VRN can verify time and location of the photos
- VRN has the right to edit images and captions if necessary
- VRN has the right to remove ineligible photos
- Contestants’ photos will be posted on the contest’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doithoaivoidongsong2016/
- VRN encourage the author share photos on their personal Facebook page.
- VRN will not be responsible for photos of those who do not fully follow the contest regulations
- VRN has the right to remove and do not accept contestants’ photos in case of disrespecting regulations, violating ethics and against science.
The final prize will be based on judges’ criteria.
- One first prize: 8,000,000 VND
- One second prize: 3,000,000 VND
- One third prize: 2,000,000
- One “River Knight” prize for contestant with most submitted works: 1,000,000 VND
- One “Young Generation and Rivers” prize for the youngest contestant: 1,000,000 VND
- One “Save it for Posterity” prize for the most elderly contestant: 1,000,000 VND
Monthly prizes: Based on the number of likes, comments and shares of photos and the judges’ evaluation. Three works will be awarded per month
- One first prize: 1,500,000 VND
- One second prize: 700,000 VND
- One third prize: 500,000 VND
11. Exhibition and Awards Ceremony will be held in November 2016 in Can Tho (tentatively). Winning Photos will be rewarded with certificates.
For more information, please contact:
Vietnam Rivers Network